Tuesday 22 March 2011

Dodging bullets

You go through life with lots of moments that change the course of things... You know what I mean, you dawdle a little too long at the mirror and miss the train that breaks down or you make the extra effort to be on time, and the car breaks down.

Despite my gluttony of sweets and unashamed love of baking and creating new confections I've always managed to stay on the good side of things, health wise.  Yeah, there's extra pounds, but you can never trust a skinny cook I always say.

So it was more than just a little overdue perhaps when reviewing recent blood results to have the good Doctor ask,  "Oh dear.  Are you diabetic?  Your readings are nearly three times normal!"  

But there is hope behind this reading.  The test results also indicated that my blood had clotted at the time of the taking, so that may also have skewed things, therefore was up bright and early to visit my favorite vampire this morning to take repeats... 

Feeling (not unjustifiably) a little like a paper target and the whistle of the bullet is closing in... will let you know in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment