Tuesday 12 April 2011

I'm baaack...

Not that I actually left.  For me, real life will always trump the virtual world.  Now those who know me, know my whole life was re-written by the net in the form of one balding fat furry Welshman - so it's ironic that the net and I aren't the best of friends.  Mostly because without Tone to "chat" to incessantly, the net is boring to me.  I have a life that's already filled to the brim and I'm always trying to find ways to slip more and more into it - writing, cooking, writing about cooking - you get the picture.

But lets catch up,  the last time we spoke there was the looming death-by-sugar axe swinging above my neck.  I'm not happy to say that little thing called diabetes was "confirmed" when my blood went from 14.9 ten days ago, (UK scale, normal is between 5-6), to 17.6 five days later...  Have got meds to take nightly and a blood letting machine of my very own, on a side note; Tone's green with jealousy as my unit is the newest and fabiest on the market and his was built in the dark-ages, more a medieval torture device than medical procedure, heehaw.

So, there it is... I'm newly diabetic.  Have to say I'm not taking it well.  Have been about as pissed off as any brilliantly talented, newly diagnosed, diabetic pastry chef could be.  I mean really, REALLY pissed off.  Though, I think I'm starting to getting around that slowly.

But my vow is this; I may have diabetes, but I will not be a diabetic!  It's important that I will not let this change me.  I will not let this be what I'm defined as.  I'm still me and I will continue to be a brilliant pastry chef... I just can't sample the goods in fits of gluttony as I would have before.

Rock on and lets start a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment